Thursday, April 16, 2009

Links, Via Insomnia

Since I don't sleep me and Youtube seem to get along really well, especially late at night. It's when I find my favorite videos. I'm not gonna go into a whole diatribe in this blog really. I'm tired and I need to conserve my energy. So here are a few links that I found while staying up all night, just because I'm good like that.

Here's a video of one of my favorite band's songs, Jack's Mannequin's "Bruised," except it's done in sign language from some sign language student. Since, like me, she seems to be lacking fans, I thought I'd help her out. Plus, she's pretty good looking, and maybe she'll notice this good deed.



You may have seen this already, or not, but either way I'm posting it. It's an awesome acoustic version of Outkast's "Hey Ya" done by some fat guy with Dolan-like facial hair. It's crazy that just changing the genre of the song makes it new and beautiful. It's soothing like aloe on a sunburn. Shut up. Analogies are tough on no sleep.


Here's an original song by a Aussie Youtube artist Haley Legg called "Feels Like Woah!" It's awesomely catchy. Haley may not have the vocal range of Celine Dion but she's obviously a good writer, pretty, and has a sweet voice. Also, she's wearing the colors of the Irish flag, which makes her 40 times more awesome.



It wouldn't be me giving you Youtube links without plugging the impossibly catch Julia Nunes playing modern songs to the ukulele. Here's Spoon's "Underdog." I DARE you not to tap your feet to my blonde haired sista on the uke.



Maybe you've seen the ultra-hilarious Jon LaJoie? Well, if you haven't, here's a parody of Coldplay's "Yellow" with quite a different theme. It's called "Alone in the Universe". Check out some of his other videos, they are extremely funny.



And finally, I'll plug as much as I can, but you should really check out NBC's "Chuck" (Mondays 7 PM Central). Here's an awesome clip involving two of the best supporting characters, Jeff and Lester. Or, as they are now infamously known as, "Jeffster."



Enjoy your beautiful Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. That acoustic "Hey Ya" is really awesome, it was played at the end of the end of the most recent Scrubs episode.

    ReplyDelete

Search

Results