Friday, November 6, 2009

My #1 Poem

I do for all of my #1 readers, I've written a short poem for someone who reads this blog alot's birthday. Let's not name names though. That'd be silly. I'm also doing this because I'll be busy all weekend doing....stuff and won't have time to post anything. But I know it's another readers birthday on Monday and I'll probably be back with another clever bit of writing for them. (Also, I hope it will substitute as a gift so I don't have to pay for shots. Haha just kidddddding. Sort of.)
So here's a poem for this anonymous person's birthday.
I call it "Happpy Birthday With Three P's"

Happy birthday, twenty-one, huh?
That's not that old but alas, not that young
Don't take offense, there's nothing mean in the rest
hopefully at least, i'm writing this in jest.

As you can see by now, I'm not a great poet
if this were in a book, Henry David would Thoreau it
But let's not stray too far from the idea
Besides, I need to hurry so I can watch Mamma Mia!

I'm sure that today you'll be drinking alot
Maybe you'll even do twenty one shots
You shouldn't feel shame if it's never remembered
just de-tag the pictures on the eighth of November

And if on your birthday, you are outshone
well, that's something that I can't condone
So if a girl outdoes you at this convention
I'll scream "It's her Birthday, give her the attention!"

So on the 7,665th day of your history
Just know that life to you will still be a mystery.
But you can think about that more when you're Twenty-Three
Just be happy today, cause you deserve that third P.

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Results