Monday, January 8, 2007

Dolans WORST of 2006

I still can't get over how bad 2006 was for movies, politics, war, sports, and my grades. But anyway here is my list of the WORST of the WORST of the year the was. 2007 will be much better, i presume.

WORST MOVIE/ACTOR/DIRECTOR
(Tie) Da Vinci Code/Tom Hanks/Ron Howard and Lady in the Water/M.Night Shamalyan(spelling, blah)/M. Night Shamalyan

Rarely can a movie pull off a trifecta of the sorts, but The Da Vinci Code and The Lady in the Water made me ashamed of myself for sitting through these piles of crap. I am not exaggerating when I say this was the worst acting performence of Tom Hanks' career. He was terribly miscasted. Ron Howard's dumbed down directing makes me believe that ginger (red hair, freckles) people are evil. As to Lady in the Water, FUCK YOU. Shamalyan hasn't made a good movie since Signs and even that was supbar. Ok, I'm done ranting about movies

WORST SPORTING CHAMPION
Nominees:
Univ. of Florida (basketball)
Miami Heat (basketball)
Pittsburg Steelers (football)
ST. Louis Cardinals (Baseball)
Italy (World Cup)

Again, the worst year in sports in quite a while. Look at that list. Unless your Italian, you have to agree that these champions were forgetful and dull. They produced little excitement at all. Everyone wanted George Mason over Florida and Florida had to ruin it. The Heat weren't very fun to watch minus Wade. The STEELERS?!? The Cardinals playoff run was, how do you say, painful to watch both mentally and physically. Italy's championship was exciting, but I was pulling for Ghana (watch out 2010 when they have Freddy Adu), so sue me.
The winner: Nobody, we all lose here.

WORST POLITICAL DECISION
Russian's killing the spy
Yeah, your still a ruthless communist country hidden behind the mask of the democratic label. Putin is a fucker. He killed that spy (name escapes me) and is going to get away with it. Maybe I'm just pissed off here.
Oh, and our country is getting womanized (see Nancy Pelosi and Hilary Clinton)

WORST TEACHER EVER
Back to back champion Sylvia Ojutu-Macauley. AHHHHHHH GO BACK TO SIERRA LEONE!

WORST PROTEST OF THE YEAR
Illegal immagrants taking off work to rally for rights
How did the INS miss this one? The people protest not being able to get better jobs by taking off work. GENIUS!

WORST EXCUSE OF THE YEAR
"I'm an alcoholic"
Mel Gibson, Mark Foley, Ted Haggard. and Ralph Arza. Jeez, it's so easy to blame alcohol. I should have told my parents this after I got on academic prohbation.

Thanks for reading again. I'll be back for my next column dealing with God's existence. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Results